One visit to Anthony’s creative Italian cuisine & you will be hooked. As you walk into one of three beautifully redesigned dinning rooms, in a building that dates back to the 1930’s, you will smell the aromas of the freshest ingredients and spices, which are used to create the unique menu. This coupled with the warm earth tones & natural lighting from the oversized windows makes dining here a truly special experience. Outdoor café dinning when weather permits adds to the romantic ambience.
Chefs Anthony Iannone & John Pilarz
One visit to Anthony’s creative Italian cuisine & you will be hooked. As you walk into one of three beautifully redesigned dinning rooms, in a building that dates back to the 1930’s, you will smell the aromas of the freshest ingredients and spices, which are used to create the unique menu. This coupled with the warm earth tones & natural lighting from the over sized windows makes dining here a truly special experience. Outdoor café dinning when weather permits adds to the romantic ambiance. As you are escorted to your table you can’t help but notice the beautifully crafted temperature controlled oak wine cabinet which houses up to 200 bottles of wine. Since the restaurant is a BYOB, the owners wanted to provide customers with a place to store their favorite wines so they are readily available each time they visit. Anthony’s also offers the use of any of their dinning rooms for private events.
Upcoming EventsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 2oz. bread crumbs
- 1 egg beaten
- Dash of lemon
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/4 tsp sherry wine
- 1/2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- salt to taste
- ¼ red pepper finely diced
- Panko bread crumbs
- Yields: 5 Crab Cakes
- Carefully check the crab meat for any cartilage. Put meat in a bowl and set it aside.
- Mix all the ingredients. Gently fold in the crab. Only mix enough to combine ingredients. You don’t want to break up the crab into fine shreds. Shape into 5 crab cakes, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Remove from refrigerator and gently roll each crab cake in the Panko bread crumbs.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan. Sauté until golden brown on each side. This will only take about 3-5 minutes per side. Crab cakes can be reheated at 350 degrees for 15-20 mins.
Sauce: Tomato & Cucumber relish
- 1 English cucumber, seeded and finely diced
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl toss together the red pepper, cucumber, and tomato. Add the oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
Strawberry Crisp with Notella
- Quart of strawberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar,
- 1- Tbs. corn starch
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons cold butter (1/2 stick)
- Yields 4
Slice strawberries, toss in a bowl with lemon juice, corn starch and ½ cup of sugar.
In another bowl combine flour, sugar and oats. Cut butter into 8 small pieces, and fold butter into flour with a pastry blender or two forks until mixture is crumbly.
Butter 4 8oz. baking dishes. Spread strawberry mixture in bottom of baking dish then sprinkle with flour mixture. Place a dollop of Notella on each one. Bake at 375° for 30 to 45 minutes, or topping is lightly browned.
Serve with a side of your favorite ice cream or Gelato.
Pan Seared Filet Medallions/Marsala-Fig sauce
4 – 8oz. Filets
8 – Strips of Proscuitto or bacon
2 oz. vegetable oil
Wrap each filet with 2 strips of prosciutto.
Pan sear in non-stick pan in vegetable oil for 5 mins on each side.
Place on baking tray and finish cooking in the oven for 15-20 mins.
Sauce: Marsala/fig with mushrooms
8oz. wild mushrooms
4 – dried figs diced small
12oz. Sweet Marsala wine
2 – tbs. butter
Salt & pepper to taste
Sauté mushrooms in 1 tbs.butter for approx. 5 minutes in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add the Marsala wine, figs, salt & pepper and rest of butter. Simmer for 5 – 10 minutes until sauce starts to thicken.
Ladle sauce onto each plate. Place filet on top. Garnish with a sprig of thyme.
Side dishes: fresh string beans, roasted potatoes